Saturday, December 31, 2005

About me then

Just in case anyone reads this I'm gonna provide the condensed version of my life story. It goes like this:

Born in California to an American father and an English mother who also produced younger brother A who is 3.5 years younger than me and younger brother B who is 4.5 years younger than me. Lived in Reseda, LA till I was 5 when we moved to England cos my mom (never can write mum even though I now have an English accent) was homesick. Lived in Preston till I was 10 when my mom and dad did the whole split up thing with a twist.

My Dad essentially kidnapped my brothers and me and took us off to America. International and local police were looking for us and my mom hired a private investigator and all that. We moved about (LA, Pheonix, Las Vagas) for about a year and a half until my dad got caught speeding which meant the police found us. My mom came and took us back to England where I having been living ever since. My brothers have both had spells living out in the States with my dad but currently we are all over here.

So, I pretty much grew up in Preston, did well in school, met the girl who is now my wife at college when we were 17, went on to university, got a degree in computing and then entered the big bad working world. I had a couple of one year, these are ok jobs and then started working for a small company in Bolton (about a 45 minute drive from Preston) just over 5 years ago. Its pretty cool working for a small company although the politics can be annoying sometimes. We develop machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions which I might tell you about one day and for a company with only about 40 people we have solutions in place with some huge companies. I develop all the server software and websites and I enjoy what I do.

My wife Deb works for Preston City Council as a licensing officer, we have nice house (if not a bit small but house prices are too crazy to move at the moment) and we have two budgies called Yoshi and Daisy. We currently have zero intention of having children. We both love reading and going for walks as well as going out partying. I play lots of computer games and enjoy watching football (which I used to play a lot of before hurting my back) and Deb enjoys experimenting with cooking which is weird cos I end up making evening meals more often than not for the pair of us.

So thats my life in 4 paragraphs up to the age of 29. Furthermore, I'm starving so I'm going to go play with the waffle maker I got for Christmas. Happy new year to all and don't get too drunk ;-)

Listening to: Deftones - B-Sides and rarities
Back: Pretty good so far