Saturday, July 15, 2006

Damn computers!

I had to format my laptop and start again on Monday. Interdev and IIS had been playing up on me for a while and it had got to the stage where I was having to reboot every 45-60 minutes just to get them to work together. As you can imagine, that was pissing me off so I decided enough was enough. It was back up and running with everything needed I needed for what I was doing for the rest of the by the end of play on Tuesday but I'm gonna have to install a shed load of software over today and tomorrow to finish it.

Whilst I'm moaning, I've spent 6 hours on the phone this week supporting a customer who is such a gimp its untrue. The guy just won't read the documentation and keeps insisting on trying to use one of our systems for stuff it was never designed to do and then gets all pissed off when you tell him it doesn't work that way. I know you need customers as a business to make money but some of them aren't half twats!

Suf (who I now have to call Stuart or Stu) got a job at our place this week. He's going to be the new support guy and he starts sometime mid August. Hopefully he can speak to the customer I don't like ;-)

Our mate Beav is back is up from Derby today for the night so we are probably gonna have a load of people round someone's house and play 2 player Guitar Hero and some poker. Gonna have a BBQ if the weather stays good as well.

Listening to: Nothing cos its quiet time ;-)
Back: Ok