Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back at work (at home that is)

Well, I started back in work yesterday albeit from home and in some ways I'm doing better back wise than I thought I would be but in other ways its pretty shit. I'm ending up having 2 hour lunches at the moment so that I can have a bath to ease up my back a bit and combining that with walks on the travellator etc it makes for a bloody long day!

I've just finished setting up a base build of a new Linux box which is running Fedora Core 6 with Xen virtualization. On top of that its running to further Fedora Core instances as virtual machines. Performance seems pretty damn good and one virtual machine will be used as a web server and the other as a MySQL server.

Its taken me longer than I thought it would (I started well before Xmas) cos so much is different under Linux than it is under Windows but I godda learn it at some point.

Listening to: Foo Fighters - In Your Honour Disc 2
Back: Pretty sore