Monday, January 15, 2007

Need to ease my back problems

I saw my physio today and we took kind of a back to basics approach where I had a load of questions written down which she gave me answers to. The upshot is:

  • I don't think I'm even gonna talk to the back surgeon cos I just don't want surgery.
  • I don't have to wear my shoe insert things any more (unless my back gets really bad cos I stopped).
  • I found out that my exercise ball thing is no where near pumped up enough and I just need a 65cm one. I also got a list of exercises to do on it.
  • I'm gonna buy a TENS machine
  • I was looking into buying some really special Tempur mattress or mattress cover but they cost £1600 or £800 respectively and my physio said that Dunelm Mill do a similar mattress cover thing for only £100 so I'm gonna go pick one of them up tonight
  • I'm ok to let mom to give me a Swedish Massage once or twice a week cos it will be good for me
  • I'm gonna be trying out the Alexandre Technique
I'm feeling a lot better about trying to sort my back out and hopefully it will all work.

Also, I lost 3 pounds last week on my weight watchers thing and I still haven't sorted out my pile of paperwork!

Listening to: Breeders - Last Splash
Back: Sore