Saturday, March 03, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Well, here I am blogging at ten to eight on a Saturday morning cos I'm working. I've been archiving data in our databases for 2 weeks now and I'm determined to have it finished this weekend for two reasons. One, it's boring as hell and two, I need to do some real work cos I've got so many deadlines coming up.

I've finally been given another developer (in the loosest sense of the word). Its a lad who's worked for the company longer than I have and he had a stint on the software development team about 4 years ago but had to move jobs in a company wide shake up. He's mainly been doing this and that all round the company for about 7 years. So, he's not brilliant and seems to find it hard to actually remember what I ask him to do but he's been doing two days a week for me since Xmas and now he's gonna do full time as of Wednesday. I'm hoping that he can really get into it doing it full time and start to improve. I'm really hoping that he's more of a help than a hindrance!

In more good news, I think I've got the go ahead to hire a new "real" developer which will be pretty damn good even if I don't have the time to interview people at the moment ;-)

Mom seems to be getting better. I've been speaking to her every day and she sounds a bit better every day although I still think she's trying to rush things like she always does. I just hope she starts to take things a bit slower and not let herself get run down all the time.

Suf and Marc are coming round at lunch time to watch United against Liverpool. If United win today then I really can see us winning the league. Come on United!

Listening to: The woos
Back: Not too bad