Friday, February 03, 2006

Total turnaround , bought an LCD TV

Well, I've done a complete turnaround and bought an HD Ready LCD TV. I found one in Richer Sounds that is a 27", has a decent spec and loads of inputs. Also, it actually has the correct resolution for 720p HD TV cos a lot of bigger TVs don't and they have to actually downsize the picture which makes it lose some quality. It's a complete no name brand called Funai but I don't care for two reasons. Firstly, the picture on it looked fantastic playing the Monsters Inc film and I'm talking noticeably better than the more expensive Phillips, Samsung and Panasonic ones around it. Secondly, I got it for £660 including a 5 year warranty and if anything goes wrong they collect it in the first year and I walk into the shop with it for the 4 years after that and that is so much better than if you buy from the Internet. They didn't have any in stock cos they'd sold the one they had after I'd gone home to ponder whether to get it so mine is being delivered on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Also, I had an MRI on my back today which lasted about an hour and the noises were at just the right level/frequency/something to make me chuck up which was nice. I cheered myself up by buying Dead Or Alive 4 for the 360 ;-)

Hope United do better against Fulham

Listening to: Just the sound of the budgies ;-)
Back: Pretty good